Occupational Exposure of the Eye in Interventional Radiology Laboratory Staff
Posted on: 2021-08-10
The New RSNA Dose Exhibit available on Image Wisely’s website is about Occupational Exposure of the Eye in Interventional Radiology Laboratory Staff. The content presents:
- Various eye lens dosimeters and their characteristics
- Shielding effects of various protective products
- Clinical study of the protective Pb glasses
- About eh 0.07mmPb glasses
- About the 0.75mmPb glasses
The main teaching points are:
- To understand the importance of radiation protection for interventional radiology (IR) staff, given the recent regulatory changes the dose limit for the eye lens (fom 150mSv to 20mSv per year).
- To understand the optimal placement of eye dosimeters onIR staff.
- To understand the fundamental performance of an occupational eye dosimeter.
To see the full presentation and conclusions, click here!