FIOCRUZ publishes document with information on radioprotection in health services
Posted on: 2021-05-25
Radioprotection in health services is a daily concern for professionals in the area. Considering that, the brazilian Oswaldo Cruz Foundation – FIOCRUZ prepared a document and made it available to the scientific community.
In the PDF, you can find information about:
- Sources of ionizing radiation (natural and artificial);
- Types of radiation and their effects;
- Interaction of radiation with cells;
- Types of exposure;
- Biological effects of ionizing radiation;
- Effects of prenatal exposure;
- Evaluation of individual doses;
- Nuclear medicine;
In addition to the topics mentioned, there is also a recommended reading list on the topic. To access the full document (in portuguese), click here.